Wednesday, October 19
Panel Discussion: 9-10 a.m.
Community Matters-Make it Happen
Hosted by Ron Wilson, Director of the Huck Boyd Institute
This is an invited guest discussion hosted by Ron Wilson delivered “Oprah Winfrey Style” with a guest panel of 5 members from across the state of Kansas that are actively engaged in community development work and have the “battle scares and honor badges” from the experience.
- Shelly Buhler-Shawnee County Commissioner and Rossville PRIDE member
- Steve Baccus-President Kansas Farm Bureau
- Linda Craghead-Kansas Wildlife and Parks and 2009-2011 KARL Class
- Ben W. Allen-Extension Agent, Rolling Prairie Extension District
- Nadine Sigle-Extension Agent, Post Rock District
The purpose will be to inspire, educate, and equip extension professionals from our entire system to recognize their work as building community for public benefit and to encourage them to take the next step to increase their involvement.
This is an opportunity to ask the invited guests to respond to questions that the audience wants answers related to who, what, why, and how of engaging in community work. Through questions, the guests will share their successes, inspirations, and challenges.
HOME | SCHEDULE | PARKING | PLANNING COMMITTEE