K-State Research and Extension's website and local sites are built with a content management system to promote consistency in the navigation, banner, footer, and text style.
Sites for local units include a standard site map and suggested content for some of the pages. Local units control the main content pane. Local units can subscribe to Really Simple Syndication (RSS), provided by K-State Research and Extension, to receive regular news and content feeds for their website.
Tips for maintaining your site
- Post new content at least weekly. You can also rearrange content so that your site looks fresh
- Check to make sure your links still work
- Make contact information clear, and respond quickly
- Add an RSS feed
- Link back to the home page from child pages
- Add links to your social media pages, if available
- Look at your site in different browsers
Use these color codes when needing to match the official purple of Kansas State University on headers or other website elements:
Web and Powerpoint
(RGB) 81, 40, 136
Hexidecimal (Web color codes)
Questions about K-State Research and Extension's branding guidelines can be directed to communications, 785-532-5851 or email@example.com
Direct inquiries related to use of the university Powercat and wordmark to Trademark Licensing at 785-532-6269, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Branding Guide, main page