Swine Profitability Conference Planned for Feb. 4
‘Staying Competitive in the Swine Industry’ is the theme for the K-State conference.
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Kansas State University’s 2014 Swine Profitability Conference is planned for Tuesday, Feb. 4 in Forum Hall at the K-State Union.
With “Staying Competitive in the Swine Industry” as the theme, the conference features speakers from an array of swine-related businesses, including:
- The Impact of the Chinese Purchase of Smithfield Foods on the U.S. Swine
Industry – Dennis DiPietre, economist with KnowledgeVentures, LLC;
- Jack and Pat Anderson Lecture in Swine Health Management: The Strangest Secret – Why Only a Few Farms Become World Class – Larry Coleman, veterinarian with Vet Care, Broken Bow, Okla.;
- What Have I Done to Make My Land-Based System Successful – Craig Christensen, Ogden, Iowa;
- Lessons I’ve Learned About Marketing Pork to the Chefs of High End Restaurants of New York – Craig Good, Olsburg, Kan.; and
- The Power of Animal-Sourced Food in Enriching People’s Lives – Grady Bishop, director of Elanco U.S. Swine Operations.
The day begins with coffee and doughnuts at 9:15 a.m., with the program starting at 9:30 a.m. Lunch is included in the conference, which ends at 3:00 p.m.
More information, including online registration, is available at Swine Profitability Conference. Information and registration is also available by contacting Lois Schreiner at 785-532-1267 or email@example.com.
K-State Research and Extension is a short name for the Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service, a program designed to generate and distribute useful knowledge for the well-being of Kansans. Supported by county, state, federal and private funds, the program has county Extension offices, experiment fields, area Extension offices and regional research centers statewide. Its headquarters is on the K-State campus, Manhattan.
Story by: Mary Lou Petermlpeter@ksu.eduK-State Research & Extension News
Lois Schreiner is at 785-532-1267 or firstname.lastname@example.org