K-State Research and Extension Names Summer Interns
MANHATTAN, Kan. – K-State Research and Extension has named eight students as 2012 summer interns. The interns will assist extension agents and staff in planning and implementing educational programs for residents in Kansas counties and districts.
The interns, in alphabetical order by last name, followed by major, school, hometown and (in parentheses) district, county or state office in which they will work, are:
- Kristen Brunkow, family studies and human services, K-State; Ponca City, Okla. (Johnson);
- Betsy Koons, organizational leadership, Ft. Hays State; Lakin, Kan. (Central Kansas District);
- Nathaniel McGee, agricultural education, K-State; Blue Mound, Kan. (Linn);
- Heather Pray, agricultural and extension education (Master’s), Pennsylvania State University; Robesonia, Penn. (Kansas 4-H Youth Development);
- Emily Raaf, parks, recreation and tourism, University of Missouri; Gerald, Mo. (McPherson);
- Johanna Ryckert, agricultural education, K-State; Paola, Kan. (Douglas);
- Jessica Taliaferro, agricultural education, K-State; Effingham, Kan. (Barton); and
- Kristin Wirth, food science and industry, K-State; Claflin, Kan. (Ellis).
K-State Research and Extension, based at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kan., conducts research and offers programs, publications and newsletters focused on improving the quality of life for Kansans and others using science-based information. It has offices in all 105 Kansas counties.
More information about K-State Research and Extension is available at any of its county or district offices and on its website. Links to the individual county and district sites are available on that site.
K-State Research and Extension is a short name for the Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service, a program designed to generate and distribute useful knowledge for the well-being of Kansans. Supported by county, state, federal and private funds, the program has county Extension offices, experiment fields, area Extension offices and regional research centers statewide. Its headquarters is on the K-State campus, Manhattan.
Story by: Mary Lou Petermlpeter@ksu.eduK-State Research & Extension News
Stacey Warner, K-State Research and Extension Operations – 785-532-5790 or email@example.com