A) Workshop Venue:
All lecture sessions will be held in the International Grains Program Conference Center. The physical address is: 1980 Kimball Avenue, Suite A, 102 IGP Building, Manhattan, KS 66506; Tel: (785) 532-4070; Fax: (785) 532-6080. This facility has wireless internet service and the password will be provided only to workshop participants and speakers. The Hal Ross Flour Mill, which is at the same site as the IGP Conference, will be subjected to methyl bromide treatment during the workshop. Participants will have the opportunity to witness and observe a real methyl bromide treatment.
Manhattan, or the Little Apple as we affectionately call it, is about 135 miles west of Kansas City International (KCI) Airport. It has a small airport, and US Air Express flights operate between KCI and Manhattan. Rental cars are also available at KCI. If you are driving from KCI, take 29 South to I-70 West and exit on K-177 to Manhattan. Plan on a driving time of 2.5 hours from KCI. If you do not wish to drive, there is shuttle service to and from KCI by KCI Road Runner. Please check the website for shuttle timings or contact KCI Roadrunner at 1-800-747-2524 (1-800-747-2KCI). Workshop participants are advised to make a reservation with the shuttle service well in advance.
If you have any travel related questions, please contact Anita McDiffet at 785-532-4080 (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chelle Hartzer (785-532-2127; email@example.com), or Bh. Subramanyam (785-532-4092; firstname.lastname@example.org).
From the East to Manhattan (by Car):
1. Take exit 313 off I-70
2. Turn Right (north) onto Hwy 177
3. Cross the bridge over the Kansas River
4. Turn Left onto Tuttle Creek Blvd. Continue on Tuttle Creek until Kimball Avenue. Turn left onto Kimball Avenue.
5. After two stop lights (1 mile) you will see a football stadium to your left. To your right is the IGP Conference Center and the five-storied flour mill.
From the West to Manhattan (by Car):
1.Take exit 303 off of I-70
2.Make left onto Hwy. 18 (K-18)
3. Follow K-18 into Manhattan
4. Exit onto Hwy. 113 North (left) (also called Seth Child Road)
5. Continue until to see an exit for Kimball Avenue.
6. Turn right on Kimball Avenue.
7. After a mile and half you will see the IGP Conference Center and the flour mill to your left. These buildings are opposite to the football stadium.
8. You will also see the name of the Department of Grain Science and Industry (steel letters).
Please follow the link for the direction of the hotel:
For further information, please contact Michelle Hartzer (email@example.com) or Bh. Subramanyam (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Kansas State University.