The Family and Consumer Science
Scholarship for Professional Development
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to Family and Consumer Science Extension Educators who are properly enrolled in a Master’s degree program at Kansas State University as a means to develop their career in Family and Consumer Science Extension.
- Employed as a Kansas Family and Consumer Science Extension Educator.
- Acquired minimum of two years experience in extension.
- Remain in a professional Kansas Family and Consumer Science position for an additional two years.
- Properly enrolled in a Master’s degree program in a related discipline that supports Family and Consumer Science Extension Education; preference to students enrolled in the College of Human Ecology.
- To receive the scholarship a second time, the recipient must show reasonable progress toward completion of a Master’s degree and maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
- The scholarship may be awarded twice or up to $1000 total for each recipient.
Submit a one-page essay outlining how your graduate studies will impact your work as an FCS Extension Educator. Attach this page as a cover page and submit by June 1 to:
College of Human Ecology Dean’s Office
Please type or print clearly.
Current position: _____________________________________________________
Wildcat ID (WID): _________________________ (This number is on your K-State ID card.)
Master’s degree program major: _____________________________________
K-State graduate credit hours completed: _________
Planned graduation date: ___________
Planned class enrollment: _______ hrs Fall _______ hrs Spring
Please submit the following information as a one-page essay.
How will your graduate studies impact your work as a FCS Extension Educator? (e.g., what do you hope to accomplish as a result of your master’s degree studies?)
Attach this page as a cover page and submit by June 1 to the College of Human Ecology Dean’s Office, 119 Justin Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS 66506-1401 (FAX 785-532-5504).