Return application electronically to the Professionalism Committee chair by February 15 for mid year International travel study, and by August 15 for the other travel.
Brief Description of Travel Study Grants:
- Travel Study Grants may be used for international travel, attendance at a professional meeting, or another opportunity related to professional development.
- Depending on the applications, the amount available may be awarded to one applicant or divided among several applicants.
- Grant applications must be received electronically by the February 15 or August 15 deadlines.
- Individual must be a current ESP member.
- The grant application must be approved by the applicant’s department head/area director.
- Preference will be given to first time recipients.
- Applications must not exceed two 8 ½ “ x 11" pages (there is no form).
- In lieu of signatures, electronically submit the completed application to the professionalism committee chair and to the department head/area director by February 15 or August 15. Please type “ESP Travel Study Grant” in the message subject line. The department head/area director will notify the professionalism committee chair by e-mail regarding the approval status. Responsibility for the chair getting this notification by the deadline lies with the applicant.
Award application must include the following information:
- Name, position, phone number, mailing address and e-mail address of applicant.
- Travel objectives
- Description of study plans.
- Description of professional benefits
- List other sources of funding for the travel study.
- Contact chapter treasurer for payment arrangements.
- The grant must be used within one year of being awarded.
- The recipient will write an article for the Alpha Rho Epsilon Sigma Phi newsletter upon completion of travel.