The Scholarships / Friend of FCS and First Timers Awards have their own page since they are Kansas Awards.
All information for awards is on the NEAFCS Awards Page.
You will need to be able to log in on the NEAFCS Page. Here you be directed to create an Awards Account that is separate from the NEAFCS Account. This is required to complete the online portion.
While applying online, you will be ask to select your state and region. Kansas is in the Central Region.
The exceptions are DSA and CE see this page for details on these awards.
The following are the general steps to take in applying for any awards.
Review awards available in the Awards Manual or Awards at a Glance.
Once you have selected the award, review the requirements in the Awards Manual.
Review the General Requirements for all awards from the Awards Manual. (Except the DSA and CE)
Complete application. It is best to use an outline format that addresses each of the required elements in the order listed in the award description.
Include an action photo that supports the award. The national winners will be displayed.
Write a 30 word summary of the application. This will be used in the awards booklet for national winners.
Complete online application section. This requires the 30 word summary and will make a cover page that should be placed at the front of your application.
Send application to the correct Committee Chair by the deadline.
Below are the 2015 awards and where to send your applications:
Professional Development Awards
1. Distinguished Service Award
2. Continued Excellence Award
3. Extension Educator of the Year Award
4. New Professional Award
5. NEAFCS Greenwood Frysinger Fellowship
Communications/Public Affairs Awards
2. Written Press Release
5. Educational Technology
6. Educational Curriculum Package
7. Educational Publications
9. Internet Education Technology
10. Marketing Package Award
1. Florence Hall Award
2. Dean Don Felker Financial Management Award
3. Mary W. Wells Memorial Diversity Award
4. Program Excellence through Research Award
5. Early Childhood Child Care Training Award
6. Food Safety Award
7. Community Partnership Award
8. Extension Housing Outreach Award
9. Clean and Healthy Families & Communities Award
10. Family Health & Wellness
11. Environmental Education Award
12. Human Development/Family Relationships Award
13. School Wellness Award
14. Social Networking Award