K-State Extension Food Safety
Food Safety News
Radio and Video News


Many news stories on video and radio can be found on the Rapid Response Center web site.

YouTube USDA Food Safety Channel

Have a Food Problem?

If you have a problem with a food product in Kansas, contact...

Kansas Department of Agriculture - Please call (785) 296-3511 or (785) 296-5600 if you have a complaint relating to food from a restaurant, school, senior meal site, retail food store, food service establishment in a retail food store, food manufacturer, or ice cream truck.

Read more about food safety inspection at the Kansas Department of Agriculture.

Food Safety>usdaThe USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service web site Problems with Food Products has a complete list of contact information in the event you have a problem with meat, poultry, and egg products.

Food Safety>fdaFor non-meat foods and animal foods regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, see their web site  How to Report Problems with Products Regulated by the FDA .


Food Safety Update
Food Safety Alerts and Tips
Food Alerts Widget. Flash Player 9 is required.
Food Safety Widget.
Flash Player 9 is required.