We've Accepted the Challenge....Have You?
Contact a Catalyst Team Member Today to Accept the Challenge.
Ideas for becoming involved:
- Read and reflect on the book "Privilege, Power and Difference" by Alan Johnson
- Review and examine the broad definitions of diversity.
- Learn about your own culture and how it influences your perspective.
- Learn about a culture other than your own by:
- Watching a film
- Attending another culture's event
- Participating in an online conference or workshop
- Personal interaction with someone of another culture, etc.
- Examine the cultural diversity within your community.
- Target a new audience with an Extension educational program or event.
- Attend a workshop to learn new skills in communicating with an audience of a culture different from you own.
- Attend a local, state, national, or international diversity conference.
- Provide an internship or work experience for student from a different culture.
- Engage in a conversation with someone on the Kansas Change Agent Catalyst team to learn of their work and potential of involvement.
- Recruit an assistant, office professional, educator, etc that is from a culture different than your own.
- Be an ally to someone with less privilege than you.
- Expand your PDC with someone from an underrepresented group.
- Other experience of your choosing.